Friday 31 December 2010

1. sorting out my horrible hair

Don't look now: Crazy, self-obsessed, camera-wielding fanatic to your left taking photos of herself getting her highlights done. This would never happen in En-ger-land!



My hair in Germany has never been good. When I first got it done here I thought I had defied the expats and managed to get a good cut and colour. But I was wrong. It only took the first wash and a bit of brushing for me to realise that my highlights in some places started half way down my head and were so harsh and 'stripy' that it looked like I'd got them done in the 80's.

I am on my way to half-decent hair. I wimped out and went back to what I know. I went to Toni & Guy and got a British hairdresser to do it. She came on to the job after I'd had my colour sorted out. She was thoroughly disappointed to have missed seeing my 80's highlights, but it was at least something for her to tell me that my last cut had been kind of 'mullet-like'. Thanks. I could have lived happily not knowing that.




No comments:

Post a Comment